Friday, March 16, 2012

my little experiment with hand piecing

When I started this little quilt, it was an experiment and I didn't know if I could manage the hand piecing portion or not. To my surprise, it didn't take long at all.



The pattern is Do Not Put Your Elbows on the Table, from Back to Charm School by Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene. You can read all about how much I adore the book in this post.

And my new success with hand stitching may have given me the confidence I need to try the Sprocket Quilt Along. Now I've got to decide whether to finish a few other things first, or just add a new project to my already daunting to do list. (We all know that I'm just going to add another project, right?)

This post is linked to Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts, Sew and Tell, and Can I get a Whoop-Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Little Quilt Monday

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Great job! I just did a little hand piecing myself and found it to be kind of fun.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love hand piecing, but never seem to have the time. Whoop! Whoop!

Kat said...

I love it! I'm going to be out of town for 3 weeks this summer and I won't have my sewing machine. I'm thinking of prepping all the materials for a hand pieced "something" (hexagons, maybe?) to take with me. I'm encouraged to hear that for your first time, it wasn't too hard. It looks beautiful!

Miri said...

Great quilt! Glad you enjoyed hand piecing. (When I started quilting it was as a hand piecer but I don't do it much anymore.:) Its a great pattern for hand piecing as there would be so many set in seams on the machine!

Pattilou said...

Nice finish on a hand piecing project. Should be a great thing to toss in a bag to do take along sewing!

Artfulife said...

So awesome! Hoping someday to try hand piecing too. Just found your blog & love your quilts! You are so talented.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My very first quilt was all hand pieced. I still hand quilt, but, I don't hand piece anymore. Cute quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop!! I loved this little quilt in the book, but didn't have the time to do the hand piecing! Nice job!!

Bonnie said...

Hi, I'm new to your site. Loved this little quilt. I'm a quilter and I've never seen the pumpkin quilt on your side bar. I love it!

elizabeth said...

I hope to try hand piecing one of these days...your little quilt is darling : ) I am glad to know that you didn't think it took too long to make!

Thank you linking up to Little Quilt Monday

http://piecefullife-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-quilt-mondayrainbow-trail-table.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails